63 West 13th Avenue
Vancouver, B.C. V5Y 1V5
Motivated, personable business professional with multiple IT talents including product management, full stack digital marketing, quality assurance and IT administration and support. Talent for quickly mastering technology and becoming the go to product champion. Diplomatic and tactful with professionals and nonprofessionals at all levels.
Excellent analytical skills, described by North American sales Manager “Brian is always able to
understand a problem and give advice or council with a smile and great attention to detail.”
Government of British Columbia (Jun 2016 – Apr 2017)
Technical Analyst for Service Management - Contractor
Working with technical staff and stakeholders to uplift the existing Incident, Problem, Change / Release and Configuration management applications to align with Government’s Critical Systems Standards and support operational needs using Atlassian products JIRA, JIRA Services Desk and Confluence.
- Installed and upgraded JIRA, JIRA Service Desk and Confluence instances in development, test and production.
- Gathered requirements and streamlined multiple processes for Government branches using JIRA, JIRA Service Desk and Confluence.
- Configured Workflows, SLA’s, Screens, Permissions, Dashboards, Kanban’s, Notifications, API’s, Knowledge Base, Post Functions, Custom Fields, Add-ons, Approvals, Request Types and Customer Portals.
- Consolidated multiple IT service desk applications into one JIRA Service Desk.
- Provided Training and expertise on Atlassian tool set to Government staff.
Sandbagger Media / Dynaworx (Jan 2015 – Jun 2016)
IT Consultant/System Admin
As a consultant developed Android apps, Windows apps, responsive web sites and provided IT hosted and standalone support to multiple clients. Improved Digital Marketing skills by obtaining Google Analytics, AdWords, Tag Manager and Hootsuite Professional Certifications.
- Systems Administration subcontractor Dynaworx Ltd., Cloud and Dedicated Servers - part time temporary. Perform PC installations and upgrades, VMWare, server backups, software support, router installations and configurations, etc....
- Developed and released multiple golf handicap apps for Android, Windows and Windows phone. Published in Google Play, Amazon and Windows stores.
- Developed multiple responsive WordPress web properties implementing the latest in universal analytics with event, lead capture and conversion tracking.
- Incorporated PayPal E-Commerce Payment Gateway into multiple websites for added value premium membership and recurring yearly payments.
- Designed LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and other Social Media pages and integrated follow and login api’s.
Eyeball Networks (2006 – Dec 2014)
Manager, Internet Products & Services / Marketing Manager
As a Product Manager I wore many IT hats playing an integral part in bringing to market products such as the Video Chat on Blackberry tablets and phones and the Philips Baby Monitor.
- Owner of multiple product lines, a product champion, and the primary point of contact for support and delivery of software for sales and customers.
- Liaised with Senior Management, Sales, Development and customers on the status and priority of company software. Set up JIRA projects and dashboards, to create, monitor and track product backlog items and questions of software for internal and external stakeholder teams.
- Performed quality assurance, prepared release notes and readme files on software packages before distributing to companies such as Blackberry, Polycom, Philips and Intel.
- Compiled, installed and tested software on Android, iOS, OSx, Linux, Windows and WinRT PC’s, tablets and phones using Jira to track and monitor issues.
- Managed, deployed, monitored, maintained, developed, upgraded and support of IT applications and services for Windows, Linux, iOS, OSx and Android.
- Supported management, development and sales by implementing and administering Atlassian Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo and JIRA services for use as document hub, code repository, product build automation tool and product issue tracking.
- Administration and support of company VoIP phones, software, email and networks creating huge savings in support fees.
- Provided installations, demonstrations and software support to sales and customers on company software.
- Implemented applications and services in testing, development and production environments.
- Installed, monitored and administered multiple SIP, XMPP, STUN TURN and Web servers, in local, hosted, Azure and Amazon EC2 environments.
- Designed GUI’s and developed usability documents for software products.
- Full stack digital marketing experience with over 8 years using Google Analytics and conversion tracking on more than 50 sites, constantly monitoring and tweaking to obtain the best ROI.
Ellis Consulting (2001-2006)
Consulting Contract – Intrawest (2005-2006)
Consulting Contract - Cavendish Analytical Laboratory (2001-2005)
Miscellaneous - Google Inc. - Quality Rater.
Miscellaneous - Teaching Assistant for the UBC Continuing studies Information Technology department.
- Developed, programmed, implemented and supported a Laboratory Information Management System utilizing VB, VB.Net, VBA, MySQL, PHP and HTML skills.
- Administered networks, performed software and hardware purchases, installations and upgrades.
- Managed, deployed, monitored, maintained, developed, upgraded, purchased and supported IT systems, networks and VoIP systems. Windows, Linux, iOS, OSx and Android.
24/7 Media (1999 – 2001)
Senior Agency Manager (Client Services)
As a Senior Agency Manager helped grow customer service department from 3 to 30+. Trained and managed the best 12 client service technicians in the online ad serving industry.
- Working with over 40 advertising agencies successfully managed over 300 online creative and 40 E-mail campaigns.
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills proven by winning the coveted 25/8 Award for providing custom ROI reporting solutions for clients.
- Traveled to Conferences and to client meetings to promote, explain and demo 24/7 Media's online targeting capabilities and online reporting suite.
- Pioneered and documented e-mail tracking procedures with an ad server.
- Developed and administrated technical documentation for 24/7 Media worldwide, implementing operating and troubleshooting procedures.
- Provided support and communicated requirements between; clients, sales, technicians and research and development.
- Bachelor of Science: Economics, University of Victoria
- Google Analytics Certification
- Google AdWords Certification
- Google Tag Manager Certification
- Hootsuite Professional Certification
- Mission Control: Productivity Training
- Certificate in Internet Publishing, UBC
- Business Communication, UBC
- OutlookSoft Admin Training, Intrawest
- Lateral Thinking, Edward de Bono, BCHydro
- Sales & Marketing, Langara College
- Databases: MySQL, SQL Server
- OS: Android, iOS, OSx, Linux, Windows, WinRT
- Graphics: Photoshop, Image Ready, Image Composer, Illustrator
- Applications: All Office, WordPress, Salesforce, JIRA, Bamboo, Confluence and others
- Protocols: SIP, XMPP, STUN, TURN, UDP, TCP, TLS, SSL