How to plan a display campaign
Identify your goals:
Is your goal:
- Direct response traffic and generate clicks?
- To promote your brand and measure user engagement?
Find your target audience:
- Targeting based on a webpage’s content: Contextual Targeting uses keywords to automatically match your ad to the content of a webpage.
- Hand picking sites: Use Placement Targeting to choose ad placements, from entire websites to ad positions on specific webpages.
- Defining relevant concepts on hand-picked sites: Find niche audiences with a combination of Placement and Contextual Targeting.
- Finding users in specific interest categories: Interest-based Advertising reaches users based on the types of sites that they visit.
- Optimising by demographic, location and time: Demo bidding, geo and day-parting controls let you focus your spend in the right areas.
- Excluding irrelevant content and sites: Advanced targeting controls provide you with full control over where your ads appear.
- Managing Frequency of ad impressions: Frequency capping lets you focus your impressions on more interested consumers.
Create your custom display ad
Set your bids and budget:
- Cost-per-click (CPC) pricing is most appropriate for advertisers who are looking to direct traffic to their website or online shop.
- Cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM) pricing is appropriate for advertisers who are familiar with traditional ad industry metrics, and are also looking for brand name visibility with potential customers.
Understand performance management tools and features